- This event has passed.
13 The Musical – Auditions
March 17 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm| $295
Brisbane Junior Theatre auditions generally take place 2 -3 weeks prior to a production.
- Auditions are required if you want a lead or minor role, featured dancer or soloist.
- We guarantee that everyone who auditions will be included in the cast.
- We double cast all performances to provide multiple opportunities and experience.
- If a young performer wants to be in a production without an audition they will be placed in a chorus role.
HOW TO AUDITION
- Download and complete the Production Registration Form
- Book an audition time with Debbie on 0438 896 436
- Auditions are generally on a Saturday at 1pm, 2pm or 3pm.
- Callbacks are generally held at 4pm on the same day as the auditions.
- The audition takes 1 hour.
- The auditions are held in groups of up to 20.
- Arrive on time to the audition and pay the registration fee.
PREPARE FOR AN AUDITION
- The actor is required to sing a song, dance, and memorise a Monologue.
- The dance choreography is taught on the day.
- Memorise the song and monologue with the required characterisation.
- Younger children may memorise a sentence or two instead of the entire monologue.
- Research and watch the musical.
- Be familiar with the characters in the musical, in particular the role you are auditioning for.
- Prepare the appropriate accent.
- Be familiar with various songs from the show (not just the audition song).
FEES: $295 incGST.
BJT requires a production cost per show which is due in full on the audition day. A performer will not be able to audition without registering and paying on the day. BJT does not require a membership fee. This fee covers the performer’s costume, and costs related to the production:
- Rights & Royalties, and Scripts
- Technical and Creative Staff
- Sets and Props
- Pizza Dinner & Drink on the Friday of the performance
- Venue Hire