Brisbane Junior Theatre auditions generally take place 2 -3 weeks prior to a production.
- Auditions are required if you want a lead or minor role, featured dancer or soloist.
- We guarantee that everyone who auditions will be included in the cast.
- We double cast all performances to provide multiple opportunities and experience.
- If a young performer wants to be in a production without an audition they will be placed in a chorus role.
BJT requires a production cost per show which is due in full on the audition day. A performer will not be able to audition without registering and paying on the day. BJT does not require a membership fee. This fee covers the performer’s costume, and costs related to the production:
- Rights & Royalties, and Scripts
- Technical and Creative Staff
- Sets and Props
- Pizza Dinner & Drink on the Friday of the performance
- Venue Hire
BJT will not refund for change of mind
BJT will not refund if a performer does not like the role they received.
BJT will refund under the following circumstances:
- In the case of a family emergency
- In the case of a health problem that makes it impossible to perform and rehearse.
BJT reserves the right to make a decision on a refund according to individual circumstances.
Auditions are open for all school aged children/teens. There are some shows that are open to teens and young adults. Please enquire if you are interested in enquiring about the ages for a particular show.